Australia: Jihad Murderer Withdraws His Apology, Says “I Ask Allah To Grant Victory To The Believers”

From the Daily Mail:
An Islamic State terrorist convicted of the shooting murder of a police staffer has withdrawn his ‘bulls***’ apology to the victim’s widow, a court has heard.

Milad Atai was convicted for aiding in the 2015 shooting of Curtis Cheng, a New South Wales Police accountant.

During the conviction hearing, he told Cheng’s widow, Selina Cheng, he was sorry for the hurt he had put her and her family through.

But on Thursday, the NSW Supreme Court was told he had written letters to the federal police and a crowd prosecutor saying the apologies made in September weren’t honest.

‘I take back what I said in the box because I was in the heat of moment and I just slipped up,’ a letter to the federal police read.

‘If use (sic) can please let the judge know about this letter and I want him to know where I stand with this remorse bulls***.’

Justice Peter Johnson said Atai had previously said: ‘I am sorry for what I did and what I put her through… I take responsibility for my actions.’

But in court, Atai refuted the apology, saying: ‘I ask Allah to grant victory to the believers and to destroy those who oppress his slaves.’

Mr Johnson said the letters also gave an insight into the 22-year-old’s lack of rehabilitation and de-radicalisation.

‘He seems to have shut the door to the path,’ he said.

He asked Atai’s soliticer, Greg Smith, whether Atai was saying he maintains ‘radical, Salafist, murderous views’ to which the lawyer replied: ‘With due respect I think you’re reading too much into that.’…

0 comments. Leave a comment below.:

Post a Comment

Spam and abuse will not be published. You can use some HTML tags in your comments.

Thank you for reading and commenting.