Mosque Attack Killed Twenty Seven Children

From Daily-Mail:
The terrorists who slaughtered 305 people at a mosque in Egypt yesterday were carrying an ISIS flag and wearing masks, it has been revealed.

Around thirty gunmen created an arena of death around the holy house by blocking off escape routes with burnt-out cars before gunning down the penned-in worshippers in a 20-minute massacre.

The public prosecutor's office said today the gunmen, wearing masks and military-style uniforms, surrounded blocked windows and a doorway before setting off a bomb and opening fire with automatic rifles.

'They numbered between 25 and 30, carrying the Daesh flag and took up positions in front of the mosque door and its 12 windows with automatic rifles,' the statement explained, using an Arabic term for ISIS.       

In the meticulously planned attack - the worst Islamist atrocity in Egypt's modern history - the murderers reportedly gunned down civilians while screaming 'Allahu Akbar', causing them to stampede and jump out of windows to escape.

But when the worshippers - many of whom were Sufis, a mystical Islamic sect despised by Sunni jihadists - fled, they were caught in the trap and massacred.

Twenty-seven children were among the innocents gunned down and blown up.
At least 128 were also hurt during the horrifying bloodshed, according to the state news agency.
The murderers then fled the Al-Rawdah mosque - in Bir al-Abed, near El-Arish on the Sinai Peninsula - before being blown up hours later by Egyptian warplanes.
A statement by chief prosecutor Nabil Sadeq said the attackers arrived at the mosque in five all-terrain vehicles and positioned themselves at the main door and the facility's 12 windows before opening fire.
They also torched seven cars parked outside the mosque, which belonged to worshippers inside.

Abdullah Abdel-Nasser, 14, who was attending prayers with his father, said the shooting began just as the cleric was about to start his sermon, sending panicked worshippers rushing to hide behind concrete columns or whatever shelter they could find.
At one point, a militant shouted for children to leave, so Abdel-Nasser said he rushed out, though he was wounded in the shoulder by shrapnel and a bullet.
'I saw many people on the floor, many dead. I don't think anyone survived,' he said at a hospital in the Suez Canal city of Ismailia, where around 40 of the wounded were taken, including many children.

'Where was the army? It's only a few kilometers away. This is the question we cannot find an answer to,' he said.
Funerals for the victims were held overnight and many were buried unwashed in their bloodied clothes, according to the Islamic burial practices for martyrs, security and medical officials said.
Quoting testimonies given to investigators by survivors, the prosecutor's statement said some of the attackers were masked. Those who were not sported heavy beards and long hair. The militants wore camouflaged pants and black T-shirts, it added. 
The statement was the most detailed by authorities on the attack.
Witnesses spoke of horrific scenes during the approximately 20 minutes it took the militants to kill and maim worshippers.
They spoke of some jumping out of windows, a stampede in a corridor leading to the washrooms and of children screaming in horror.
Some spoke of their narrow escape from a certain death, others of families that lost all or most of their male members.

One witness, Ebid Salem Mansour, said the imam had barely made it atop the mosque pulpit to deliver the sermon when intense gunfire rang out.
'We knew that the mosque was under attack by (militants),' he said, recounting an attack that constitutes a grim milestone in Egypt's brutal fight against increasingly emboldened militants.
Mansour, a 38-year-old worker in a nearby salt factory, said he settled in Bir al-Abd, the small town near where the attack took place, three years ago to escape the bloodshed and fighting elsewhere in northern Sinai.
He suffered two gunshot wounds in the legs on Friday.
'Everyone layed down on the floor and kept their heads down. If you raised your head you get shot,' he said.
'The shooting was random and hysterical at the beginning and then became more deliberate: Whoever they weren't sure was dead or still breathing was shot dead.'

0 comments. Leave a comment below.:

Post a Comment

Spam and abuse will not be published. You can use some HTML tags in your comments.

Thank you for reading and commenting.