The two initial blasts were reported around midday. The first happened at an outdoor market in the predominantly Shia neighbourhood of al-Shaab, while a second blast, believed to be a car bomb, happened shortly after, killing at least six in the southern neighbourhood al-Rasheed.
A few hours later the third blast went off in a market in Sadr city, a largely Shia suburb in north-eastern Baghdad. Initial reports indicate that 19 people have been killed.
At least 90 other people have also been injured in the blasts which took place at around midday, officials told AFP.
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the first two attacks.
The bombings are the latest in a string of high casualty attacks, which has now seen more than 160 people killed in and around Baghdad since last week….
IS overran large areas north and west of Baghdad in June 2014, and later made further advances in Anbar, seizing its capital Ramadi in 2015.
On Monday, the Pentagon said that IS has lost almost half of what it had once held in Iraq….
Posted by Women Against Shariah on Tuesday, May 17, 2016
From Middle East Eye: