Turkish authorities identified another of the people killed as an Iranian national.
Israeli officials named one fatality as Dimona-native Simha Damri, 60, who was in Istanbul as part of a culinary tour with her husband Avi, who was also injured in the attack.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed that two Israelis had been killed and said it was possible there was a third Israeli fatality.
Speaking to the Israeli press after an emergency meeting, he said officials were investigating if Israelis had been targeted in the bombing, and said intelligence pointed to it being an Islamic State attack.
Six of the Israeli injured are slated to land back in Israel overnight Saturday. The worst-hurt, however, will remain in Istanbul hospitals until they are well enough to be put on a plane.
Turkish Health Minister Mehmet Muezzinoglu said that 36 people were wounded in the bombing, seven of them seriously. Two of the Israelis injured in the blast were seriously hurt, and one was undergoing surgery in an Istanbul hospital, Channel 2 reported.
Two Magen David Adom ambulance planes left Israel Saturday evening for Istanbul to retrieve those injured in the attack and bring them back to Israel for treatment. Foreign Ministry Director Dore Gold was to fly to Istanbul Sunday as well in coordination with Turkish authorities. [...]
Posted by Women Against Shariah on Saturday, March 19, 2016
From the Times of Israel: