Hamas welcomed on Monday the Israeli announcement that five members of its organization were arrested for murdering Naama and Eitam Henkin in the West Bank on Thursday — and again praised the terror attack, vowing there would be more.
In a statement issued Monday night after the Shin Bet security service revealed the arrest of a five-member Hamas cell in Nablus, the terror group did not explicitly take responsibility for the attack that left the couple dead in front of their young children, but promised that “this cell is not the first and will not be the last.”
Zuhri added that Israel’s newly announced measures to crack down on the recent wave of terror in Jerusalem and the West Bank “will not succeed in extinguishing the popular uprising [in the West Bank]… The march of resistance carries on, God willing.”
Earlier Monday, the Shin Bet revealed that, in an operation with the Israel Defense Forces and Israel Police, security forces arrested the Palestinian terror cell that killed the Henkins.
The suspects had been taken in for questioning by the Shin Bet and had admitted their involvement in the attack, a Shin Bet statement said, adding that the five cell members are Hamas members from Nablus.
The investigation has so far revealed that the five cell members each had a specific role, the Shin Bet said. One person was responsible for clearing the way for the car that contained a driver and two gunmen. The fifth member of the cell, its commander, was not in the car.
A number of other people were arrested on suspicion of providing assistance to the cell, the Shin Bet said...
Posted by Women Against Shariah on Thursday, October 8, 2015
From The Times of Israel: