Islamic State has released an audio recording it says was made by a suicide bomber who killed 27 people in an attack on a Kuwait City mosque on Friday.
The recording — a statement designed to be released after the attack – was said to consist largely of verses from the Quran, and was released Sunday via social media channels popular with the radical Islamic State group.
In the clip, the speaker can apparently be heard criticizing Shiite Muslims, saying they should expect revenge for what he called insults to Islam.
“Very, very soon you will see something unexpected. Expect blood, expect death,” the voice on the recording reportedly says.
On Sunday, the Kuwaiti Interior Ministry named the bomber as Saudi national Fahad Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Gabbaa, who had flown into Kuwait on Friday morning just hours before blowing himself up at the Imam al-Sadeq mosque in Kuwait City.
The mosque bombing was one of three attacks carried out last Friday by suspected Islamist terrorists. In France, 35-year-old Yassin Salhi decapitated his boss at a chemical plant near Lyon before unsuccessfully attempting to cause a major explosion at the site, while in Tunisia, gunman Seifeddine Rezgui shot dead 38 people on a beach in the resort town of Sousse.
Video footage emerged Sunday appearing to show Rezgui running along the beach, holding his Kalashnikov rifle, in the immediate aftermath of his rampage that killed mostly British holidaymakers.
Eyewitnesses said that Rezgui had been “laughing and joking” as he mowed down his victims, and had apparently been targeting foreign tourists.
“Some people, he was saying to them, ‘You go away,’” one witness told Tunisian radio station Mosaique FM. “He was choosing tourists, British, French.”
The attack began on the beach, where tourists described hearing what sounded like fireworks before running for their lives once they realized it was gunfire. Video of the aftermath of the attack showed medics using beach chairs as stretchers to carry away people in swimsuits.
“He had a parasol in his hand. He went down to put it in the sand and then he took out his Kalashnikov and began shooting wildly,” said Secretary of State for Security Affairs Rafik Chelli.
Posted by Women Against Shariah on Monday, June 29, 2015
From Times of Israel: