Iranian Official Says U.S. Will Remain Enemy Of Iran

From the Jerusalem Post:
A senior Iranian military official said Sunday that despite the emerging nuclear deal between Iran and the US-led P5+1 group of world powers, America will remain Tehran's enemy.

Iranian Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan [pictured] said that even if a nuclear deal comes to fruition in Vienna, where Iranian and western negotiators are currently trying to reach an agreement by a Tuesday deadline, Tehran and Washington will not become friends.

"The US might arrive at some agreements with us within the framework of the Group 5+1 (the US, Russia, China, Britain and France plus Germany), but we should never hold a positive view over the enemy,"  Iran's Fars News Agency quoted Pourdastan as saying.

"Our enmity with them is over the principles and is rooted because we are after the truth and nations' freedom, but they seek exploiting nations and putting them in chains," he explained further.

Pourdastan's comments came as differences still remained between the two sides over the country's disputed nuclear program ahead of Tuesday's deadline for a final agreement to end a 12-year-old dispute.

The deal under discussion between Iran and the powers is aimed at curbing Tehran's most sensitive nuclear work for a decade or more, in exchange for relief from sanctions that have crippled the Iranian economy.

The United States and its allies fear Iran is using its civilian nuclear program as a cover to develop a nuclear weapons capability. Iran says its program is peaceful.

Washington is negotiating the deal as part of a group of major powers that also includes Britain, China, France, Germany and Russia. It is a major initiative both for the administration of US President Barack Obama and for Iran's pragmatic elected President Hassan Rouhani, both of whom face skepticism from powerful hardliners at home.

Reaching a deal would be the most important milestone in decades towards alleviating hostility between the United States and Iran, enemies since Iranian revolutionaries captured 52 hostages in the US embassy in Tehran in 1979.

An Iranian official told the semi-official Tasnim news agency that the talks could continue until July 9, echoing some Western diplomats. Kerry said negotiators were still aiming for the July 7 deadline, which the negotiators set when they missed a June 30 deadline last week.

Kerry and Zarif held a string of meetings on Sunday, trying to overcome remaining differences, including how to lift United Nations sanctions and what advanced research and development Iran may pursue. Foreign ministers of the other powers started to return to Vienna on Sunday to help push for a swift deal.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday that reaching an agreement is possible this week if Iran makes the "hard choices" necessary, but if not, the United States stands ready to walk away from the negotiations.

Bombs At Mosque, Restaurant In Central Nigerian City Kill 51

From ABC:
The blasts on Sunday night came hours after a woman suicide bomber blew up at a crowded evangelical Christian church service in the northeastern city of Potiskum, killing six people, according to witnesses.

Also Sunday, extremists returned to northeastern villages attacked three days earlier, killing nine villagers and burning down 32 churches and about 300 homes, said Stephen Apagu, chairman of a self-defense group in Borno state's Askira-Uba local government area. He said the militia killed three militants.

Sunday's attacks are the latest in a string blamed on Boko Haram that have now killed about 300 people in the past week. In the most deadly, more than 140 people were killed, most men and boys as they prayed in mosques in northeastern Kukawa town on Wednesday.

The attacks may correspond to an Islamic State group order for more mayhem during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Boko Haram became the Islamic State group's West Africa franchise earlier this year.

In Jos, 51 people died and were buried Monday morning, Muslim community lawyer Ahmed Garba told a news conference.

Another 67 people were wounded, according to Abdussalam Mohammed, the National Emergency Management Agency coordinator. Police confirmed the explosions but said a final toll must wait as they are still excavating rubble.

The explosion at the Yantaya Mosque came as leading cleric Sani Yahaya of the Jama'atu Izalatul Bidia organization, which preaches peaceful co-existence of all religions, was addressing a crowd, according to survivors.

Gunmen opened fire on the mosque from three directions, said Garba, the lawyer.

Survivor Danladi Sani said he saw a man robed in white open fire aimed at Yahaya, and then blow himself up. Yahaya was unharmed, he said.

"He is a great Islamic scholar who has spoken out against Boko Haram, and that is why we believe he was the target," Sani told The Associated Press.

Another bomb exploded at Shagalinku, a restaurant patronized by state governors and other elite politicians seeking specialties from Nigeria's mainly Muslim north, witnesses said.

Sabi'u Bako bought a take-out and then heard a massive blast as he walked away with friends. "The restaurant was destroyed and we saw many people covered in blood," he said. "We can't believe that we escaped."

Jos is a hotspot for violent religious confrontations, located in the center of the country where Nigeria's majority Muslim north and mainly Christian south collide. The city has been targeted in the past by bomb blasts claimed by Boko Haram extremists that have killed hundreds of people.

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari condemned Sunday's attacks on places of worship and said the government will defend Nigerians' right to worship freely.

The United States also condemned recent attacks and "continues to provide counterterrorism assistance to help Nigerian authorities ... combat the threat posed by Boko Haram," said a statement Monday from State Department spokesman John Kirby.

Boko Haram took over a large swath of northeastern Nigeria last year and stepped up cross-border raids. A multinational army from Nigeria and its neighbors forced the militants out of towns, but bombings and village attacks increased in recent weeks.

13 Killed, 32 Churches, 300 Houses Burnt In Fresh Boko Haram Attacks On Borno Village‎s

From Metro Watch:
Thirteen persons were killed, 43 churches and 300 houses were burnt on Saturday when Boko Haram insurgents attacked  Mussa community, in Borno State, the chairman of the youth vigilante group in the village, Stephen Apagu said on Sunday.

He said Boko Haram returned to Mussa (A&B), remote villages  in Askira/Uba Local Government, Killings 10 civilians ‎with the militant losing three members to the attack.

He equally revealed that  “all 32 churches in Mussa district and over 300 houses were burnt down.”

Apagu said in the attack, the vigilante were able to recover two riffles from the insurgents. 
He said: “They (insurgents) killed 10 persons and three Boko Haram were equally dead  but all 32 churches in Mussa District were burnt as well as over 300 homes completely wiped out.”

He said:  “Our people have been camped in Gombio village but ”there is no foods and water,” lamenting that “even that place is not safe we call on authority to come to our aids now as we are seriously in helpless situations someone should help us.”

One of those that fled from the town, Peter Musa,‎ said “we know their leader, we had reported him to the military before he suddenly disappeared, he is from here (Mussa District), he is one Jerido Jerafu who led his members to invade our communities.”

It would be recalled that it was reported that Boko Haram killed at least 29 civilians in Mussa village and burnt some houses.‎s in Mussa village and burnt some houses.‎

ISIS Schoolgirl Who Fled London To Join Terrorists In Syria Mocks Victims Of Tunisia Massacre

From The Independent:
A British teenager who was one of three east London schoolgirls who fled the UK to join Isis in Syria has mocked the victims of the Tunisia massacre.

Amira Abase, who was 15 when she travelled to Syria in February simply said “loooool”, meaning ‘laugh out loud’, in a message to an undercover reporter when she was told of the terrorist attack.

The messages were captured by a Mail on Sunday reporter who posed as a teenager looking to travel to Syria from London to join the terrorist group.

Abase revealed her role as an active recruiter for Isis, giving the reporter advice of how to travel to Syria, how to conceal the plan to their parents in the UK, and of what conditions to give to a jihadist before becoming their wife.

The pair spoke through social media sites Twitter and Kik. When the reporter wrote to Abase to tell her of the attack, they said: “Sis it’s going mental here. They held a minute silence on Tunisia. All they talk about is the bomber,” to which Abase replied: “loooool”.

When Abase was informed the Tunisian gunman had killed 30 British tourists, she replied: “Wow. Damn that’s a lot,” adding another “loool” to the news that some Muslim leaders were condemning the attack.

“Why lol? Them tourists were innocent, or am I confused?” the reporter wrote, to which Abase replied: “Research. Like read about it.”

Abase was one of three British schoolgirls from east London to flee to Syria in February. She, Shamima Begum and Kadiza Sultana are understood to have undergone a four-month training programme in the Isis stronghold of Raqqa to prepare for “special missions”.

The teenager revealed in her messages with the reporter that girls joining Isis are taken to a “sisters” house, where they are not allowed to use phones, the internet, or go out. Abase recommended to the reporter that they marry a fighter, and make conditions such as being able to attend school or go to work as part of the union, and asked whether they would mind being a “second wife”.

Abase did not confirm whether she had married a fighter or not, but two of the three schoolgirls are understood to now be married to Isis fighters.

German Chancellor At Ramadan Iftar: Islam Belongs In Germany

From Jihad Watch:
No need to be concerned about those jihad terrorists. Remember: they have nothing to do with Islam!

“Islam belongs in Germany and will remain so: Angela Merkel at Ramadan Iftar,” Ummid.com, July 2, 2015:
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel noted during her speech at a Ramadan Iftar in Berlin that there is no doubt Islam belongs in Germany and will remain so, according to media reports.

Taking part for the first time in an official Iftar at the presence of senior officials and clerics of different faiths and prominent figures in politics and society.

During the iftar hosted by Federal Integration member Aydan Ozoguz, Merkel said that other steps will be taken to form bonds with Muslim groups and those actions taken in the name of Islam; in particular violence has caused concern.

Merkel reiterated that it was not correct to hold suspicion against Muslims or to discriminate against them because of the actions of others.

The Chancellor also highlighted that the majority of Muslims in Germany were law-abiding citizens who abided by the constitution….

Egyptian Justice Minister Invokes Antisemitic Tropes to Damn Terrorists Behind Cairo Bombing

From Algemeiner:
Egyptian Justice Minister Ahmed el-Zend invoked antisemitic tropes in cursing the terrorists behind a bomb blast in Cairo that killed state prosecutor Hisham Barakat earlier this week.

“God Almighty will treat [the perpetrators] as he treats the Jews; they will wander through the land, a day will come where no country will accept them and they will not find a home, since there are no homelands for vileness and wickedness,” said Zend on Lebanese Sada el-Balad TV, according to Egyptian daily Al-Masry Al-Youm.

In response, Jewish rights group the Simon Wiesenthal Center called on Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi to demand an apology from the justice minister, who was actually appointed in May this year after his predecessor was forced to resign over class-prejudicial comments.

“Mr. President, in view of Egypt and Israel’s shared interests in the war against terrorism and the long history of the Jewish relationship with Egypt, we feel that the Justice Minister must apologize for his offense to the Jewish people – a statement we believe discordant to Egyptian policy and disrespectful to your own government,” wrote Dr. Shimon Samuels, the center’s director for international affairs.

The Egyptian state prosecutor was killed on Monday when his motorcade was hit by a bomb in the Cairo neighborhood of Heliopolis, in what has been one of the most tumultuous weeks in Egypt since the ouster of former president Mohamed Morsi by the Egyptian military, with multiple terrorist attacks in the Sinai peninsula and the slaying of several Muslim Brotherhood leaders in a Cairo apartment.

Al Jazeera 4th Of July Video Mocks Americans As Fat, Pill-Popping Racists

What exactly does the Arab world have going for it?

From Jihad Watch:
Fat, pill-popping racists, you see, are justifiable game for young, fit, clean, moral Islamic jihad murderers. Will Wajahat Ali and Mehdi Hasan and other prominent Al Jazeera employees renounce this video? I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

“Not Everyone Likes the Fourth of July-Themed Al Jazeera Video that Mocks Americans as Fat, Gun-Toting Racists,” by Sharona Schwartz, The Blaze, July 5, 2015 (thanks to Anne Crockett):
Al Jazeera’s digital media platform AJ+ posted a Fourth of July-themed video mocking Americans as fat, cheese-eating, gun-toting, pill-popping, racist porn watchers.

While some on social media applauded the creation, others slammed the Qatar-owned network for using the holiday “to dump” on America.

Social media users got particularly riled up by the criticism coming from the channel owned by Qatar — a country where stoning is a legal punishment under Shariah law, women have second class legal status, writers can be imprisoned for criticizing the emir and abuse of foreign laborers has been repeatedly criticized by human rights groups.

The video is sarcastically titled “Americans Show Why USA Is The #1 Country In The World.”

After lauding the U.S. as world leader in Olympic medals, Nobel laureates and billionaires, young actors then go on to mock the U.S. for “the most incarcerated people in the world. God-bless the prison industrial complex.”

“When it comes to obesity … a third of us can’t even see our own toes,” said a man waving an American flag.

Another assertion left the impression that nine out of 10 Americans have guns.

“Pew Pew, we’ve got 90 guns per 100 persons. Sorry, Yemen, we beat you in drones and guns!” said one of the actors.

“Americans consume 80 percent of the world’s painkillers. Makes sense though, right? I mean racism in this country is a big pain in the ass,” said a female actor.

Al Jazeera also credited the U.S. with having the “most number of teen pregnancies per capita,” leading the world in credit card debt and “the most deaths by lawnmower.”

“This sort of seems mean spirited to be honest,” Benjamin Buzbee wrote on YouTube. “It’s important to keep perspective and some of these are important issues, but the spirit of this video is to dump on the US the day before independence day – seems more sensationalistic than journalistic. Can’t say I approve.”

Christoffer Johnsen said on Facebook, “Yea because the middle east is a so great place to live in?! Come on Aj+ you gotta stop bashing only America.”

YouTube user Truths Corner wrote, “Criticism of a country is not a bad thing, why did AJ+ not compare the us to the s*** whole countries it wants us to be like. Like Turkey, where the best selling book is MEIN KAMPF. Or pakistan where 80% favor killing apostates, o wait AJ+ biased as f***.”…

Tunisia Terrorist: From Breakdance To Jihad

ISIS Executing Gays

From MEMRI:

United States: 30 Americans Arrested For ISIS Involvement

From the Daily Mail:
FBI agents have made at least 30 arrests on US soil this year as they try to combat the murderous reach of ISIS and its warped followers, Daily Mail Online can disclose.

Officials revealed this week that the Islamic terror group has a foothold in all 50 states as it continues to target disaffected Americans through its torrent of online propaganda and slick videos of barbaric beheadings and mutilations.

The stark warning comes days after ISIS-inspired gunman Saif Rezgui unleashed horror on at a Tunisian beach resort, killing 39 vacationers and wounding dozens more.

The FBI has reportedly set up command centers in each of its 56 field officers in case extremists try to mark the July 4 weekend by unleashing similar carnage here in the U.S. American ISIS ‘recruits’ to date have included schoolgirls, a young nurse, a pizza shop boss and even a National Guard soldier who hatched a plan to gun down 120 of his own colleagues.

Some have conspired to travel or send friends abroad to link up with fundamentalist fighters while others have plotted jihad here in the US - with Capitol Hill among the targets for a foiled bombing raid.

Gunmen Elton Simpson, 30, and Nadir Soofi, 34, came perilously close on May 4 when they were shot dead while trying to storm a controversial 'Draw Mohammed' event in Garland, Texas.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the raid but officials suspect the pair were more likely radicalized over the web.
Another young fanatic, Usaamah Rahim, 26, was killed last month as he lunged at police with a knife in Boston's Roslindale neighborhood.

He was allegedly plotting to decapitate controversial anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller, the organizer of the same controversial Texas event.

The deadly incidents are just two from dozens of plots disrupted by police and federal agents since ISIS began to rise from the flames of the Syrian civil war.

ISIS-inspired roommates Noelle Velentzas and Asia Siddiqui are accused of plotting a homemade bomb attack on a slain police officer's funeral.

The two friends from Queens, New York stockpiled gas tanks, fertilizer and a pressure cooker in an apparent bid to emulate Boston marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, prosecutors allege.

Court documents say their list of potential targets included the funeral of NYPD officer Rafael Ramos, who was shot dead in December 2014 along with his partner Wenjian Liu.

Velentzas, 28, is from said to have told an undercover agent who befriended them in 2013 that they wanted to be known as 'citizens of the Islamic State'.

On another occasion she pulled out a knife, demonstrated how to stab someone - and allegedly asked: 'Why can't we be some real bad bitches?'

Siddiqui, 31, was equally as forthcoming in a 2009 poem she had published in Jihad Recollections, a precursor to the Al Qaeda magazine Inspire.

The warped verse, entitled 'Take Me to the Lands Where the Eyes are Cooled', describes her yearning to 'drop bombs' and 'taste the Truth through fists and slit throats'.

Both women were arrested on April 2 before they could had settle on a target but are accused of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction.

Authorities doubt they ever had direct contact with ISIS but say the pair accessed the terror group's propaganda online...